Camp NaNo, Day 8

So, here it is, Camp NaNoWriMo Day 8 and I’ve hardly written anything at all. GAH!! No, really though, I’ve been dealing with a health issue that got worse over the weekend. If you know me personally, you know I strongly prefer using natural remedies for my health whenever possible. For about two months now I’ve had some swelling and stiffness in my knee. I don’t talk about a ton of personal things on social media by choice. But this has been going on and unfortunately getting progressively worse. I’ve been working with my holistic practitioner/aromatherapist to get to the bottom of what’s going on, but I wasn’t able to get relief. The pain and muscle cramps were keeping me up at night and I wasn’t able to walk without a walker or crutches. Sunday morning it was so bad, that around 3am I had to do something. My son and I were staying over his godparents house and his godfather was sitting up keeping me company while his godmother slept. The man is able to function on just a few hours of sleep… I have NO idea how he does it. Anyway, I was miserable so off we went. Thankfully it wasn’t too busy at the ER and we were taken back pretty quickly. It did turn into a 3-hour visit, but it didn’t feel that way at the time. They were great. I had to have fluid drained from my knee. Which, if you know me, is torture for me because I HATE needles!!!! They did numb it, but it still wasn’t fun having it done. Afterwards, I do feel better… no more muscle cramps and pain, but I’m also on steroids and pain killers. I’m also wearing a brace to keep my knee immobilized. Though I’m only using the pain killers for night time. My mom has been a HUGE help because she’s decided to take a leave of absence so she can be home to help me out with my son. Plus, his godparents have been HUGE helps to me too. They came and picked him up to go to the fireworks show even though I couldn’t go. That gave me a bit of a break. They also have us over their house to give me a break since while my mom is at work it’s just me and my son home alone and trying to take care of him while being fairly immobile is not easy task. On top of being majorly sleep deprived too. Now I have follow-up appointments to deal with and figuring out the rest of my treatment. Mainly, I want to know what caused this to happen in the first place! I didn’t have an accident that caused injury, so it’s a bit of a mystery. Anyway, I wanted to post this update to let everyone know what’s been going on. I do hope to get back to writing in the coming days. I’ve gotten myself set up with my laptop in the living room so I can keep my leg up and still write. But doing that with my son in the same room watching TV and playing is my next challenge. Wish me luck!!

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay up-to-date by signing up for my newsletter!